Tuesday, November 6, 2012

PARIS TO HOME

Monday and Tuesday dawned with clear skies and promised to be great weather days.  Monday lied.

By mid-morning it started to rain and did so all day.  We caught the #73 bus near the Arc de Triomphe and took it to the end of the line at the Musee D'Orsay.  From there we walked to our favorite little Vietnamese restaurant on the Left bank (only tourists refer to left and right bank, I think). Great meal as always with Mr. Thaun.


 the restaurant has 26 chairs but you would never get even 26 small orientals in.

 the food comes out this little window


 We walked from there to Louvre to see the new Islam Art exhibit. Vicki was thrilled, I was indifferent as it was mostly ceramics.

 all bags are scanned ...unless you just walk on in as Vicki and this guy did.



nice hair do

Walked in the on and off rain for a while. Met some New Yorkers who could not figure out why we voted for Obama. How the hell did I get into that conversation?  When I found out he was a pilot of one of the most expensive private airplanes in the world and the other guy was his boss, it was easy to figure out why they are Romney people. We finally gave up by mid-afternoon when it started to rain hard and jumped on the #73 bus home.

 the bus stop





Say what you want, the best food in France is a fresh baguette, ham and some cheese!


I am still digging olives leaves out of my clothes.


Ok, I have to take back some of what I said about the apartment.  It is great, but I looked at the undiscounted price tonight.  Only if you are rich would I recommend you pay the full price.  I guess that is why my biggest problem now is whether to steel the gray Ferrari out front or the red to pay for the full price visit next time.



Tuesday did not lie.  It was beautiful all day. We hit the car showrooms on the other side of the Champs Elysees and were unimpressed again.  Toyota had some great 60's cars, but everybody this year had only one model on the floor in different variants and all small cars.



the only interesting car

There had been long lines on the Champs Elysees in front of a very villa-looking building every day we had gone by.  We knew of no museum in that location, so today we crossed the street and asked.  It is the Abercrombie and Fitch store and they are closing.  The line today was twice as long.

A&C guards. they were not opening until 2

For lunch we just popped into a brassiere that looked like it was full of locals.  People ask me about where we eat in Paris and this is pretty much what we do.  It is rare we go to a real restaurant and we never go to anything in a tourist guide. 



I wanted steak tartare, but vicki said she would throw up

There is a photo exhibit in various places around town and we were in search of those.  The first one pretty much ended that desire. I guess it is "art" because they say it is art.



The rest of the day was walking until late in the afternoon and   then we hopped on the #73 bus again and went home.



the annual poster theft

 "the bridge of love"


 you put a lock on to symbolize your love

The faces of the bridge of love.


 lord, give me one more shot

 I hope not

 yea, right

 hummph

 what are they talking about


!!! くそー、私は言葉を忘れてしまった !!!

 je ne suis pas vraiment la peinture

Je regarde ciment sec

 kim Öcalan ve neden ben bakım gerekir



is this the best protest I could find??

Well, it is election day in the U.S.A. and I thank you. If politics had not turned so BS'ee and elections were not being bought by the super rich, with ad after ad after ad, lie after lie after lie, I would have no justification for extended trips out of the country.
I find it interesting that our country was founded on the basis of religious freedom. That said, how many votes do you think this guy would get today. 
François Gérard Georges Nicolas Hollande  born 12 August 1954 is the 24th and current President of France, was raised Catholic but is now an agnostic.

But today is a beautiful day and I am sure when I arrive tomorrow after the election the BS will still be flying, just not in my face in ads on TV, radio, telephone, newspaper, internet, bathroom walls, gutters, etc.

Have a nice night.